The Student Center Includes:
- Access to the AAFP’s resource toolkit for veterinary students and toolkit for technician students. These pdf toolkits are an invaluable resource for veterinary students and feature vital facts and information about working with cats. The toolkits also give students advice on how to apply and share the knowledge gained from the toolkit after graduation.
- Free Classified Ads – Post your desire to seek a veterinary position or externship
- Discount on AAFP Annual Conference – Students receive a substantial discount on the AAFP’s Annual Conference
- AAFP Free Webinars - Students receive complimentary access to all AAFP webinars
- Free AAFP Rounds on VIN (for veterinary students)
- Access to the JFMS Online
- Other valuable feline-focused resources
The Student Center is password-protected and the complimentary login information may be obtained through your faculty advisor or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winn Feline Foundation and American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) will award two $2,500 scholarships to 3rd or 4th year students attending one of the accredited colleges of veterinary medicine in the United States or Canada.
If you are looking for an externship, please click here. There you can view any available opportunities that are posted. If you would like to post that you are looking for an externship/internship, please login above and obtain the form.
Veterinary Education Tools
The interactive VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map compares the tuition and total cost of attendance (tuition plus estimates of living expenses) among U.S. and Caribbean veterinary schools derived from data on school websites supplemented by input from the students attending the schools. Regional veterinary salary ranges are as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Details provided for each U.S. and Caribbean veterinary school include: in-state tuition, out-of-state tuition, cost-of-living, NAVLE pass rate, and changes in tuition over the past decade.
The Student Loan Repayment Simulator is a tool that can be used to illustrate the potential impacts of life choices based upon your veterinary school loans. Please note that this tool is simply a simulator and not a financial advisor or calculator.
The "I Want to Be a Veterinarian" application discusses: what veterinarians do, is veterinary medicine the right choice, how long you have to go to school, and much more.