2010 Respectful Handling of Cats to Prevent Fear and Pain
For further information, refer to the Feline-Friendly Handling Guidelines.
To create pleasant veterinary visits and keep cats calm, the veterinary team must understand the following:
- Normal cat behavior
- Cat communication
- Body postures associated with fear in cats
- How cats learn
- First veterinary visits and kitten classes
- Training cats to carriers
- Respectful and effective patient handling.
- The feline-friendly veterinary hospital
Ilona Rodan DVM, ABVP (Feline)
Bill Folger, DVM, ABVP (Feline)