AAFP Tracks at Other Conferences
The AAFP is continuing to be recognized as the leader in feline health and education. To this end, the AAFP has continuing education tracks at many other major veterinary conferences throughout the year. Below are the conferences, session titles and speakers. For more information, please visit the individual conference websites.
Fetch dvm360 (December 13 - 16, 2018) - San Diego, CA
December 14, 2018
Speaker: Margaret Gruen, DVM, MVPH, PhD, DACVB (Behavior)
- Identifying problems in cats: Is it a medical or behavioral diagnosis? Or both?
- Behavior problems in cats: Case presentations
- Creature comforts: Environmental enrichment for every age
- Cat cognition: What do we know they know?
- Integrating Feline-Friendly, Less-Stress Handling Across Your Practice
VMX (January 19 - 23, 2019) - Orlando, FL
January 20, 2019
Speaker: Margaret Gruen
- Behavior Problems in Cats: Case Presentations
- Behavior in Geriatric Cats: Taking Care of the Senior Cats Among Us
- Cats with DJD: Recognition and Measurement of Chronic Pain
Speaker: Robin Downing, DVM, MS, DAAPM, DACVSMR, CVPP, CCRP
- Finding Feline Pain Where It Lives: Purr-fect Your Palpation Skills
- Maximizing Feline Comfort and Quality of Life as the End Approaches
Speaker: Margaret Gruen, DVM, MVPH, PhD, DACVB
- Top Tips in Feline House-Soiling
Speaker: Cathy Lund, DVM
- Making Your Practice Feline-centric
CVE Feline Medicine Distance Education (February 1, 2019 - November 2020)
This online course is designed to reinforce, deepen and broaden your knowledge of feline medicine in a practical, interactive and enjoyable way.
Speakers: Jessica Quimby, BA (Anthropology & Zoology), DVM, DACVIM, PhD and Susan Little, DVM, DABVP (Feline)
CVE Feline Medicine Interactive Workshop (September 25 - 26, 2018)
This workshop, will be held right before the AAFP Conference in Charlotte, NC, will cover key areas of feline medicine, including endocrine, respiratory, cardiac, and gastrointestinal disease as well as pharmacology and dermatology. These areas will be explored through interactive presentations, case discussion. You also have the option of reviewing/discussing your own cases.
Speakers: Jessica Quimby, BA (Anthropology & Zoology), DVM, DACVIM, PhD and Carolyn O'Brien BVSc (Hons), MVetClinStud, FANZCVS