Young Veterinarian Scholarship
- Royal Canin is happy to support feline medicine by offering 25 scholarships for the three-day general conference registration.
- To qualify, veterinarians must be younger than 35 years, cannot be board certified, and must be licensed and working in the US or Canada.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the full 3-day conference and a dinner with AAFP leaders hosted by Royal Canin.
To apply, please fill out the online form. Applications this year will be chosen by lottery which will be open for 24 hours. You may submit your application between May 23, 2018 beginning at 10:00am EDT and ending on May 24, 2018 at 9:59am EDT. If you are a previous recipient of the Young Veterinarian Scholarship, you are not eligible to apply. Scholarship recipients will be selected via lottery from those who expressed clear interest and passion towards feline medicine. Young veterinarians interested in applying for a complimentary 2018 AAFP Conference registration will need to fill out a form at the bottom of this page once applications open. Please note that submission of an application form does not guarantee complimentary conference registration.
Up to 25 young veterinarians will be selected by lottery from those who express clear interest and a passion towards feline medicine. Those who are not chosen will still have the opportunity to register prior to the early-bird deadline.
- Chosen candidates will be notified via email by Friday, June 8, 2018, and will have to reply by Friday June 22, 2018 by 5:00 pm EDT. Candidates will need to make a deposit of $150, which will be refunded after the event contingent upon the candidate’s attendance at the entire 3-day conference and dinner with AAFP leaders hosted by Royal Canin. Instructions for registration procedures will be supplied in the scholarship notification email.
- Candidates must reply via email by June 22, 2018 verifying their acceptance of the scholarship.
- Deadline to register and make the $150 registration deposit for the conference is Friday, July 27, 2018.
- If a candidate does not reply within the deadline and make the deposit, the next candidate on the waiting list will be contacted.
- Complimentary conference registration includes the conference fee, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, 2 receptions, totebag, conference proceedings (online and flashdrive), giveaways, access to the exhibit hall, and more! (Please note that this does not include costs of accommodation, travel, ancillary sessions, or additional items as they must be purchased by the attendee.)
We also encourage all applicants to check their email inbox regularly to avoid emails from firstname.lastname@example.org filtering into spam or junk mail.