Young Veterinarian Scholarship
- Royal Canin is happy to support feline medicine by offering 25 scholarships for the three-day general conference registration.
- To qualify, veterinarians must be younger than 35 years, cannot be board certified, and must be licensed and working in the US or Canada.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the full 3-day conference and a dinner with AAFP leaders hosted by Royal Canin.
Applications via online form will open on June 14, 2017 at 12 noon EDT. After we have reach capacity for applications, the submissions will close. If you are a previous recipient of the Young Veterinarian Scholarship, you are not eligible to apply. Selection is on a first come, first served basis from those who express clear interest and passion towards feline medicine. Young veterinarians interested in applying for a complimentary 2017 AAFP Conference registration will need to fill out a form at the bottom of this page once applications open. Please note that submission of an application form does not guarantee complimentary conference registration.
Due to the high demand and number of applications already submitted, application submission is closed. Thank you for your interest in the AAFP Conference and the Young Veterinarian Scholarship. It may be unlikely that spots will open up, so we recommend registering for the conference.
Up to 25 young veterinarians will be selected on a first come, first served basis from those who express clear interest and a passion towards feline medicine. Those who are not chosen will still have the opportunity to register prior to the early-bird deadline.
- Chosen candidates will be notified via email by June 30, 2017, and will have to reply by Friday July 14, 2017 by 5:00 pm EDT. Candidates will need to make a deposit of $150, which will be refunded after the event contingent upon the candidate’s attendance at the entire 3-day conference and dinner with AAFP leaders hosted by Royal Canin. Deadline to register and make the deposit for the conference for chosen candidates is Friday, July 28, 2017.
- Instructions for registration procedures will be supplied in the scholarship notification email.
- Candidates must reply via email by July 14, 2017 and make the registration deposit by July 28, 2017.
- If a candidate does not reply within the deadline and make the deposit, the next candidate on the waiting list will be contacted.
- Complimentary conference registration includes the conference fee, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, 2 receptions, totebag, conference proceedings (online and flashdrive), giveaways, access to the exhibit hall, and more! (Please note that this does not include costs of accommodation, travel, ancillary sessions, or additional items as they must be purchased by the attendee.)
We also encourage all applicants to check their email inbox regularly to avoid emails from firstname.lastname@example.org filtering into spam or junk mail.