Veterinarian Member Benefits
The AAFP has a long-standing reputation and track record in the veterinary community for facilitating high standards of practice. Over the years, the AAFP has encouraged veterinarians to continuously re-evaluate preconceived notions of practice strategies in an effort to advance the quality of feline medicine.
The AAFP offers first-rate membership benefits to support the advancement of scientific investigation, to provide feline-focused continuing education, to offer a network of feline experts and colleagues, and to give access to resources that adhere to the highest standards of practice.
Member Benefit Highlights:
- Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery (JFMS) - Membership in the AAFP includes a monthly subscription to the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, a significant value for your membership (12 issues at the individual rate costs $352.) This includes an easy-to-use online platform where you can access current and past issues of the JFMS, download full PDF issues and search for specific articles or key words.
- Cat Friendly Practice Program - The AAFP’s Cat Friendly Practice program provides guidance and offers recommendations to make your practice cat-friendly to eliminate the barriers of visiting the veterinarian for cats and their owners, to encourage owners to seek preventive care, and to increase feline health and welfare. Learn more about the robust CFP program today.
- Practice Guidelines and Position Statements - The AAFP provides advanced member-only previews of all Practice Guidelines and Position Statements released by the AAFP. These resources serve as the foundation for practice excellence and the AAFP’s high standards of feline care. Members of the AAFP also have access to a number of client education publications which serve as a supplement to the Practice Guidelines. Members are able to download and print client education publications.
- Annual Feline-Focused CE Conference - The AAFP Annual Conference joins together veterinary practitioners and technicians to educate on the advancements in feline medicine in assorted tracks that are designed to meet the needs of all attendees in various stages of their professional development. Members of the AAFP receive a significant and exclusive membership discount to all continuing education hosted by the AAFP. In addition, AAFP members also receive a discount to meetings hosted by the International Society of Feline Medicine.
- Member Center - The AAFP’s Online Member Center is a member-only area of the website designed to feature streamlined processes and easy-to-access information. From the Member Center, members will have the ability to view their JFMS online, access the CFP program, manage free classified ad postings, view past conference proceedings, post to the member listserve communication, access VIN rounds and update their individual profile information, all with a single-sign on.
Join or Renew your AAFP Membership.