Transportation and Parking 2014
Traveling to the Conference
- Airport: Indianapolis International Airport
- Phone: (317) 487-7243
- Website: http://www.indianapolisairport.com
- Distance: 13 miles from the JW Marriott
- Estimated Taxi Fare: $30-35 one way; 20 minute ride
- IndyGo: IndyGo's local service Route 8 offers public transportation between downtown Indianapolis and the Indianapolis International Airport. A single ride is $1.75 or a day pass is $4. Exact change needed and is approximately a 45 minute ride. Visit IndyGo for more information.
- Go Express: The Go Green Airport Shuttle is the express Indianapolis Airport shuttle serving Downtown Indianapolis. The shuttle stops at the Marriott Complex (JW Marriott/Courtyard) and is $10 one-way for a 35-40 minute ride. Visit Go Express for more information.
- Local $5 Taxi Fare – While in downtown Indianapolis, you should be aware that taxis offer a reduced $5 rate that applies to any ride that begins and ends in the regional center of downtown Indianapolis. Any additional passenger charges are still applicable. View which taxis participate in this program and which areas this discounted rate applies.
- Skybridge – Indianapolis has many skypaths that connect many hotels and attractions. There is a path through the JW Marriott which goes through the Marriott Courtyard directly to a Skybridge. These bridges allow you to walk indoors through the Indianapolis Convention Center to connect with shopping, restaurants, other hotels, Lucus Oil Stadium and many other downtown attractions.
AAFP Attendee Parking Rates
JW Marriott Indianapolis
$20 Self-Parking : $36 Daily Valet
- Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
$20 Self-Parking : $27 Daily Valet
**If you are a hotel guest you will receive an automatic discount on your hotel bill. If you are staying at a different hotel or driving in for the day, please come to the AAFP Registration Desk where you can receive your discount parking coupon.
- Downtown Parking
The area is abundant with over 70,000 parking spots. Depending on where you choose to park it can range for $2.00 - $10.00 per hour. There is also metered parking on the streets which is $1.50 per hour. For more information and details on parking in Indianapolis visit IndyDT, VisitIndy, or use the downtown map.
Visit the 2014 AAFP Conference page for additional travel information.